Metal fabrication is a metal production process which includes engineering (design), cutting, forming, joining, assembling or finishing.
In industrial terms, this activity refers to metal building structures with stages of cutting, bending, sheet metal fabrication and assembly. Fabrication itself is a process that must be followed in heavy industrial projects.
• Cutting. In the cutting section, fabrication includes sawing, scraping, and chiseling processes. In this section is generally done manually.
• Burning. Combustion is carried out with a handheld torch such as an oxygen torch or a plasma torch. Besides that, it goes through CNC cutting that uses torches, air jets, or lasers for more sophisticated methods.
• Bending. The bending part is done by manually or machine hammering and can also be done by pressing brakes and similar tools.
• Assembly. The assembly part is the merging of several pieces into one unified whole. Done by welding, bonding with adhesive, threaded fasteners, riveting or riveting, and others. The starting materials that are often used for fabrication are usually steel structures and sheet metals.
• Fabrication is a series of work from several material components in the form of plates, pipes or steel profiles assembled and formed step by step based on certain items until they become a form that can be assembled into a series of production and construction equipment.
• In general, there are 2 types of fabrication work, namely Workshop Fabrications and Site Fabrications.
• Workshop Fabrications
• Workshop Fabrications is a fabrication and construction process that is carried out in a building or building in which all kinds of tools and machines have been prepared to carry out the production process and other fabrication work, for example: welding machines, plate cutting machines, bending machines , overhead cranes and others.
• Site Fabrications
• Site Fabrications are fabrication and construction processes that are carried out outside a building or workshop, more precisely, the work is carried out in an open field area, at the location where the building will be erected. That’s where all kinds of fabrication production processes are carried out, from stockpiling material stock, cutting and drilling material, assembling process, welding process, finishing process, sandblast and painting process as well as construction installation process.
In the fabrication process, many machines are installed that function to support the smooth running of fabrication work, including:
• bending machine
• roll machine
• sharing machine
• welding machine
• shotblast engine
• painting machine
Also installed are the following equipment:
• overhead cranes
• carriage materials
• pipe installation
• co2 gases
• air compressors
• water line and electrical installation
• phone installation
• installation of machine tools
• local network network installation
• and others.
Materials and fabrication results
The materials used in the fabrication include:
• carbon steel plate
• profile steel
• pipe, as well
• other types of metal
Products produced include:
• dust cooler
• storage tanks and others.
Galvanization is the process of applying a protective zinc coating to iron and steel to protect it from rust. The term is derived from the Italian scientist Luigi Galvani. Galvanizing is generally done by the hot dip method in which the steel is dipped in molten zinc. Other galvanization methods can be carried out electrochemically and electrodeposition.