Login to yourUncubed account
Just before use.
Signup for associated jobs and profession advice from Uncubed, delivered directly to your inbox. It is possible to unsubscribe anytime.
Sr. Item, Regulatory & Business Counsel
LendUp, Oakland, CA (temporarily remote)
Our objective would be to offer a person with a road to better economic wellness.
LendUp is just a technology that is financial situated in Oakland dedicated to changing the subprime credit and financing area. We’re a Y-Combinator alum (YC W12) supported by prominent investors including Bing Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, and Kapor Capital. Our item will be utilized in 7 states and we’ve seen press that is great when you look at the Wall Street Journal, Financial circumstances, CNN, NBC, TechCrunch, Venturebeat, Inc, Wired, Bloomberg, Fortune, and Dow Jones, and others.
Just what we’re doing:
At LendUp we have been for a objective to give you you aren’t a pathway to raised health that is financial. Huge numbers of people don’t have admission to quality credit. Their choices are frequently unfair and limited, therefore’s simple to be caught in a financial obligation period. Here is the problem that is first attempted to resolve, by making use of our combined expertise in pc software, information technology, credit, and training, to the provided passion for economic health insurance and dignity.
Our core product, the LendUp Ladder, is an alternative solution to payday advances that transforms a trap into a way to borrow at reduced prices and build credit. And each we see our customers succeed day. We’re building extra financial loans which will help united states further speed up our objective of supplying a person with a course to higher monetary wellness.
The Sr. Product, Regulatory and business Counsel is going to be in charge of doing work in close partnership with specific sections and get across practical groups to give you legal and guidance that is regulatory LendUp develops, implements and updates its services and products.
- Advise business lovers that are focusing on brand new and existing items from item development through launch, including conformity advising with regards to such services and products
- Offer timely, succinct and business-focused advice that is legal federal and state customer banking and financing laws and regulations, including Regulation E, TILA and Regulation Z, MLA, ECOA, FCRA and UDAAP, and banking laws like BSA/AML, and information privacy and security regulations.
- Advise the LendUp item team on product advertising, advertisements and disclosures.
- Provide regulatory advice to LendUp’s commercial and federal government relations counsel to aid with negotiating commercial and bank agreements, and help legislative and policy issues.
- Offer regulatory advice and help to LendUp’s conformity group.
- Assist banking institutions in developing cardholder agreements, disclosures as well as other item security
- Instruct and handle counsel that is outside since necessary
- Manage LendUp’s state lending licensing demands, including getting and licenses that are maintaining
- Construction and draft loan agreements for LendUp items
- Handle litigation and work things, and any matter impacting a business, as essential to offer the company
- A proven high-caliber, skilled, solution-oriented and proactive lawyer with expertise in the financing area
- Deep experience analyzing and advising on an array of problems regarding the economic solutions industry, with certain expertise on customer electronic banking, individuals in a variety of repayments systems, including issuer processors and system supervisors, sub-prime and installment loans, like the regulations, regulations pertaining to banking institutions and state certified
- Deep comprehension of Regulation E, Regulation Z, BSA/AML, TILA, ECOA, FCRA, MLA and state rules linked to lending
- Capacity to balance working independently with little to no guidance and working closely and collaboratively within a tiny appropriate team
- Capability to interface effortlessly along with degrees of the corporation (professional administration, HR, company divisions, etc. ) and also to gain the trust and self-confidence of other people
- An enthusiastic feeling of ownership, and extremely adaptable up to a fast-changing environment
- A business that is solid with practical danger understanding
Education and Experience
- JD and 8+ years of expertise, including in-house that is practicing a overly busy FinTech startup business (or in an comparable environment) for at the very least three years, with significant give attention to customer financing
- Preferred candidate could have experience in the repayments area, straight with regulators representing certified businesses, and negotiating and drafting complex services contracts that are financial
- Established solution oriented and innovative issue solver
- Capability to manage assignments that are multiple, with effective quality of conflicting priorities
- Exceptional dental and written interaction abilities and capability to work both in teams and individually
- Admitted to your CA circumstances club or subscribed counsel that is in-house their state Bar of California
- Love of life
LendUp has all the stuff you’d anticipate from the company that is mission-driven like a competitive income; very early phase equity; 100percent business paid medical, dental and eyesight insurance coverage; payday loans Louisiana nice vacation/sick leave policy; 401(k).
But right here’s that which we really like about LendUp lifetime:
- We’re devoted to a varied and inclusive tradition that spurs innovation and produces a significant and impactful work place
- Certainly one of our values is “different backgrounds, exact same objective. ” We’re passionate about diverse applicants and now have slack stations committed to sets from mu
LendUp is definitely an Equal Opportunity Company
We increase equal job opportunities to qualified candidates and workers for an basis that is equal of a person’s age, battle, color, intercourse, faith, nationwide beginning, impairment, intimate orientation, sex identification or phrase, maternity status, marital status, armed forces or veteran status, hereditary disposition, or just about any other explanation protected for legal reasons.