How to Fix a Broken Faucet
The tap is one of the most frequently damaged or leaked, in fact the leaking tap can be addressed very easily. The first thing to do is to know the origin of the leak.
The first possible problem of the connection between the pipe and the glue retribute tap has been less lingering due to a long time.
This can be overcome by removing then adding special isolative pipes and
glue. Then reattach it
Secondly, because the tap has been damaged, then even though the tap has been closed the water is still out of the cracks of the tap, usually the usual ball closes and opens the aqueduct no longer works properly.
Just a suggestion to buy a good quality faucet, although the price is more expensive but not easily damaged. Instead of buying cheap but often broken, it takes time to fix it again, it is better to be a little expensive but durable.
To install the following new taps that must be prepared:
Tools and Materials :
- New taps of the same diameter (for those whose taps are damaged)
- Special pipe tape
- Glue to connect pipes
1. Turn off all water sources, either from the pump.
2. Use a wrench to remove the tap from the pipe by turning it counterclockwise. Be careful when doing this so as not to cause scratches on the tap.
3. If the tap can still be reused, clean the base of the tap from the remnants of old glue and tape. Don’t forget, also clean the pipe hole and try to dry the base of the hole.
4.After everything has been clean and dry, wrap the tape on the base by approximately five twists.
5. Next, apply pipe glue at the base of the tap and immediately attach it to the pipe hole. Rotate clockwise to tighten this connection.
6. Tighten the connection once again using a wrench.
7. Turn on the pump or water source and check if the tap is no longer leaking.
Good-bye at your house.